Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Working out with the rain


Last week, it rained in the morning. Lars and I were stuck indoors. Well, mostly. He was too young when it rained last to do anything. So, I got him all dressed and warm (it was chilly out there) and we played in the rain. He splashed in puddles, stared at the rain falling on us, kicked the soccer ball around and sat in the grass and played with the wet leaves. He loved it!


When we came back inside, I took off all those warm clothes and placed him in the empty bath tub. I had dyed spaghettii in 4 different colors (red, blue, green and yellow) and let him go to town. I knew he would eat it, so that's why I chose spaghetti. While eating it, he would look up at me and say "mmmmmm" with a big smile on his face. 

I guess I tired him out so much, he asked to be fed a little early and fell asleep while eating. His nap time came about 15 minutes early and he slept the entire time too. 

While Lars was crashed out, I worked out. Since it was raining, I couldn't do my pull ups (the bar is outside), so I stayed inside for my sweat session. I worked my arms and legs. I had 3 days off of working out afterwards, so I needed to get things done! Nothing like getting things accomplished when you need to!

Do you ever make these kind of things for your kids? Do you enjoy them making a mess or do you prefer a clean play? What does your rainy day workout look like?




No comments:

Post a Comment