Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Disco Donut 5k

Yep, you read that right! Over the weekend, I completed another 5k (my second favorite distance). Disco, donuts and 5k all in one race?! Disco Donut 5k: loved it! The packet pick up was held for only one day and for only 4 hours (in the evening). I thought that was going to be a bummer with a long line. When my friend and I got there, there wasn't anyone there (I think most people picked up before the race). It was easy in and easy out. Great thing with a 9 month old! They said they had 200 people sign up (not bad for the 1st year here).

The race entry included a bib (of course), t-shirt, awesome glasses and a virtual swag bag (coupons). This was a first for the virtual swag bag for me. Anyone else have that before?


There was a ton of parking up close to the start line (which I didn't realize, until we walked past all of the empty spots). My experience with first time races, is they are either horrible (late starts and so on) or great. This one was a great one. They started right on time, had some music along the course, plenty of water and donuts afterwards. 

I had my little cheering section.


This race wouldn't be a disco donut race without a disco ball over the start/finish line.


The course was pretty fast, only one little hill in the middle (but it wasn't really anything). Even our spectators got donuts afterwards. I let Lars try his first donut. I had chocolate and he seemed to love it. 


This race was pretty fun and easy going, especially for the first time here. Can't wait for next year. Check out their calendar, they have races all over! Definitely sign up in a city near you!


Anyone else ever had a virtual swag bag? Anyone else run the disco donut 5k before?







1 comment: