Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Where Did my Motivation Go?


Last week was pretty dead (sweating wise). I haven't had any motivation to get my sweat on. I'm hungry all the time (I think that has something to do with Lars always eating...teething) and I'm tired. I don't feel like doing anything. I have my big race in less than 55 days!! I need to get my motivation back! And QUICK!!

My main thing I need to concentrate on is my upper body strength. As I mentioned before, I have NONE!!



I have managed to get in a few runs with my favorite running partner.


So, pushing the stroller does work my arms, but not exactly how I need to.

I was talking to Jason about this and he suggested putting in a pull up bar in the back yard, since we are re-doing the side yard anyways. Completed!!


As soon as the cement was dry, I gave it a whirl. As expected, I couldn't do a single pull up. So, Jason helped me. With his help, I managed 4!! I did some research of how to train to do a pull up. I read that you need to work those muscles. And to train those muscles, they suggest using a step to be able to get to the top of the bar and to hold yourself up. Do this several times a day to get these muscles use to it. 

This starts tomorrow!!





1 comment: