Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Training for a Pull Up


Over the last week or so, I have been training to do pull ups. I kmow I'm going to need a lot of upper body strength for the Spartan Race next month (I can't believe it's already  next month!!). So, Jason built a pull up bar in the back yard for me. How I train is to have a stool, to get up to the bar and hold myself above the bar for as long as I can. 


I do this several times a day (any time Lars is sleeping). I usually do 3 sets of 5. My arms are really feeling it! I can feel what muscles I need to work on. So good to know! 

This is what happens when you do a pull up facing the house, when the bar is too close to the house. 


I ended up getting a big bruise from this little scratch (I bruise very easy). I'm not worried about it. I know I'll be super beat up from the race. I don't mind some battle wounds. 

I'm also wokring on my legs and arms (alternating days). I do this pull up thing every week day, though. 

Don't forget my awesome giveaway!!











No comments:

Post a Comment